|Windows 10 Creators Update
|BIOS date||2017-01-21 (Compiled)|
|Key||Use a Windows 10 Retail Serial|
|Timebomb||2017-05-31 (+130 Days)|
Windows 10 Build 15019 is the eighteenth officially released Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Creators Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 2017-01-27.
- Added Beam streaming. To use it, pull up the Game Bar, and press WIN+G.
- Added a new Gaming section in the Settings app. There are four sections here, these are Game bar, Game DVR, broadcasting and Game Mode.
- Added Gaming Mode. Go to Game Mode in the Gaming section to enable it.
- Added additional support for 17 games, which are listed in the release announcement of this build.
- Microsoft Edge can now read aloud e-books.
- Microsoft Edge now displays full-color and updated emoji instead of the monochrome emoji that was displayed in past builds.
- Improvements to OOBE, which includes a new privacy page, and support for "captive portal" Wi-Fi networks. This feature pulls up a lightweight browser experience, allowing you to complete the selected connection and reach the Internet. You can also configure basic properties for the Wi-Fi network during OOBE.
- Microsoft Account sign-in and sign-up flows in OOBE have been updated.
- Users can now enroll into Windows Hello with Cortana voiceover and support for speech input.
- Updated Cortana's voice in the OOBE, as well as adding subtitles for Cortana.
- Renamed the blue light filter to "Night light". You can now preview it before applying it as well. Improvements were made in the range of color temperatures, and fixed a few bugs.
- You can now resize the Virtual Machine Connection in Hyper-V, and the screen resolution will automatically adjust to the specified size. You must be logged in to the guest OS, and have it running in Enhanced session mode.
- Downloads from the Microsoft Store now show progress indicators in Action Center.
- The Troubleshooters in Control Panel have been migrated to Settings.
- After updating to this build, constant crashes with the
Spectrum.exeservice may occur causing PCs to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions. To fix this, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum, and delete the PersistedSpatialAnchors folder.
- Extensions in Microsoft Edge do not work in this build.
- Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
- Microsoft Edge’s “Inspect Element” and “View Source” options don’t correctly launch the DOM Explorer and Debugger, respectively.
- You can see a "Mixed reality" entry on the main page of the Settings app.
- Some captive portal networks may fail to connect during OOBE. If a captive portal network is using DNS hijacking to redirect to a secure site, the captive portal app will crash and the user cannot clear the portal.
- Yes and No voice commands in the Wi-Fi portion of OOBE fail in this build.
- Quicken 2017 will fail to run with an error stating that the .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not installed. The workaround is to take ownership of the following keys and edit the "version" value to be 4.6.XXXXX instead of 4.7.XXXXX:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
- Dragging apps from the all apps list on the Start menu won't work. Right click to pin the desired app.
- Some Tencent apps and games may crash or not work correctly in this build.
- Under Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update, you might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though your PC isn’t being managed by an organization. This is a bug caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
- Sometimes the audio can randomly stop working with a "device in use" error. Restarting the audio service can temporarily fix the problem.
- Action Center can randomly appear blank and transparent without color. If you encounter this, move the taskbar to a different location on the screen.
- When clicking on certain elements in Win32 games, the game minimizes and cannot be restored.
- Game Mode is enabled by default, but the toggle in Settings incorrectly shows it as being turned off, when in fact its on. Toggle the setting to on will cause it to update and display the status of Game Mode as being on.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.