Windows 10 Build 20211 is the twelfth Insider Preview Build of Iron. It was released to all Insiders in the Dev Channel on 2020-09-10.
- Made the search box for searching the list of file types, protocols, and apps when choosing a default app in Settings, which was first introduced with Manganese Build 19608 available to all Windows Insiders.
- You can now attach and mount a physical hard disk from a WSL 2 distro. This feature enables Windows to be able to read the ext file system that is used in Linux. It can be accessed by typing
wsl --mount <DiskPath>into PowerShell.
- Live preview doesn't work for pinned site tabs.
- The Settings app may crash if you open Manage Disks and Volumes.
- Some Office applications may either crash or go missing if you update to this build.
- The Linux kernel is not installed when you use the
wsl --installin the Windows Subsystem for Linux. To workaround this issue, run
wsl --updateto the latest kernel version.
- Some WSL 2 distros can give you the error "The remote procedure call failed" on startup.
- Some virtualization software have a chance of giving you a BSOD with the error code
- The vEthernet adapter in WSL2 distros can randomly disconnect itself.
- You may see generic errors when you install WSL through