86Box (formerly PCem-X, PCem Experimental or PCem Unofficial) is an emulator of IBM PC compatible machines developed by the SoftHistory collective lead by Battler. It is based on PCem.
Supported guest operating systems Edit
An incomplete list of OS that can run on it.
- Windows 1.x
- Windows 2.x
- Windows 3.0
- Windows 3.1x
- Any version of Windows 9x
- Any IA-32 version of NT before Vista.
- OS/2 (Warp 3-4.5 (4 requires an unaccelarted graphics card)
- Any version of Linux that supports the Pentium.
Emulated hardware Edit
- CPU: Any CPU from an 8086/8088 to a Pentium MMX 300 MHz is supported, including IDT/Cyrix/AMD variants. A dynamic recompiler is available, optional for 486 and mandatory for Pentium and later processors.
- FPU: FPUs are emulated for all 486DX and higher machines. For 286/386 machines, a 287/387SX/387DX FPU can be emulated optionally. 8087 FPUs aren't supported yet.
Graphics cards Edit
- Hercules Plus
- Hercules InColor
- OAK OTI-067
- OAK OTI-077
- Trident TVGA8900D
- Trident TGUI9440AGi
- Cirrus GD5429 (Preliminary)
- Tseng ET4000AX
- Tseng ET4000/W32p (W32i code also implemented, but no BIOS is available for it yet.)
- Various ATI cards before the Mach 64
- ATI Mach 64 (GX/VT2 variants)
- S3 Trio64
- S3 ViRGE (325/DX/VX variants)
- 3dfx Voodoo (original and Voodoo 2)
- nVidia RIVA 128 (Preliminary)
- nVidia RIVA TNT (Preliminary)
- nVidia TNT2 (Vanilla, Pro, and Ultra) (Preliminary)
Network interface controllers Edit
- NE1000 compatible for ISA (Preliminary)
- NE2000 compatible for ISA
- Realtek RTL8029AS
Sound cards Edit
- PCjr and Tandy
- Game Blaster or Creative Music System
- Adlib Gold
- Sound Blaster 1.0 through AWE32
- Gravis Ultrasound
- Windows Sound System
- Innovation SSI-2001
- Ensoniq AudioPCI (ES1371)
- Sound Blaster PCI 128.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.